Monday, November 7, 2011

Vintage sportcar racing

 My great Passion it seems is Vintage sportscar racing , I have been told recently I am a obsessive compulsive person with tendency to be over the top with my energy level, in short this makes  me a pain in the ass to be around for the most part I guess ! my brain never stops thinking I am always moving , while others may be on the ground going about at a perfectly normal pace I seem to be flying around on another plane . I get bored easily and I like change . I have tried all kinds of sports , my least favorite being Golf , Christ is that a frustrating and annoying game.
    I have always loved cars , they way they look the way they sound , smell, and the passion some brands evoke . I have owned so many cars I have lost count , some disappointments , some like a beautiful lady but always temperamental, and a few that were just simply a joy to drive and own.
    Vintage racing just seemed to fit for me , My favorite old cars racing ,like minded people , the challenge , and finally something moving at the same pace as my over the top energy! I explained to others that for me at speed in the racecar  things seem to slow down almost in slow motion , it becomes very graceful and fluid,it may seem violent from afar but in reality the driver , hardly moves the wheel , being smooth is fast , and that's hard at over 100 MPH.
  I have taken a break for various reasons, , I thought for a bit ahh, I don't need it anymore, but simply I miss it. I worked at it and there was a sense of pride in my getting better and better , and being respected for my driving skill and the level of preparation I put into my cars, they became a reflection  of me and a extension of who I am. I have found without this in my life something is missing ,I don't need it like I did a few years back when it was racing or nothing ! But I would like to go a few times a year to my favorite tracks  and see friends and climb into the cockpit , buckle up and tingle the senses and feel the rush of  racing really cool old cars again. I hope somehow in time I can get a sportsracer like the ones pictured here , they are fast , pure racecars and evoke the essence of racing in a bygone era.
  I have also been told I need to save some of my dreams for the future and not live them all in the present !
    I'm really trying to work on that! I love my Elva Curier , but a Elva mark 6 looks like so much fun........
   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment