Friday, November 25, 2011

Walks, Thoughts and the Tartan Terrier......

I have always enjoyed walking  over the last 4 months combined with diet and fitness training , lost 44 LBS. I guess a big deal, I know I feel great and My bloodwork  has changed so much my doctor first read and cked the name to see if she was reading  some other persons results!!, So I am pleased, and my goal is too stay this way from now on, no simple task.   I  am kinda wound up most of the time , walking really helps to burn some extra energy , and be at home with my thoughts, and I love walking with my little Jack Russel Terrier , Joplin, she likes the walks as much as I do and can match my pace step for step!
     
     I also do alot of thinking about  this little business and my life , creating and selling great clothes and accessories by adding a little twist on classics and putting it all together into the Tartan Terrier theme and brand, It really excites me and my hope is others will see my passion and see the value and quality , and ultimately want to buy and  Wear them!
      As  young boy hanging around  My families clothing store I was intrigued with the fabrics, textures colors and fashions  I enjoyed learning from my grandfather, and dad about how clothes were made, the function of certain styles etc. It has always been interesting for me , and isn't that half the battle , finding something you are passionate about ?
    Doing this is something I have thought about  off and on for 30 years, When I was in College I wanted to finish get out and help my Dad in his store, help grow it and take it to the next level of success. A few Months after my graduation , my Mom died suddenly , needless to say it changed my plans and my life forever.
   I have had a interesting life  ever since, success and yes failure  in business, I"ve learned and grown from both, made many mistakes and come out he other side with my sanity somewhat intact!! I have never been a follower, I do my own thing and scoff at  the Idea that if everybody has one or is doing something it has to be better. I like being surrounded by nice things , clothes , cars, furnature, home decor etc, Not that they have to be expensive or new , just nice, tasteful and make you feel good to be around them., treasured things handed down, with meaning are extra special. These days it's a throw away world , and that is  disappointing . People flock to Target , Walmart, Etc, for god awful junk that just falls apart and you just throw it away, we are raising a generation to believe this is how it is supposed to be! As a country we used to make quality things  with pride , now  we just buy junk from other countries, do people really think this is  the way a country prospers? Sure a few people are making huge money at  the eveyday mans expense and laughing all the way too the bank! My point of all this ? I am trying to buy and work with small companies here and in the U.K. that make quality things and  offer unique products that will last and give a sense of pride of ownership, it is not easy , but having something nice is worth it and I just really hope I can make people feel good about the things I have to offer........  As far as my walking I do it everyday , 9 miles! it is amazing how many ideas you can come up with and how good The excerise can make you feel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment