Tuesday, August 2, 2011

why Tartan Terrier

 Growing up surounded by beautiful clothing, I have become almost shocked at whats available to  consumers who still want and demand  classic functional clothing with style . I  can't believe that a nice 100% cotton button down oxford really can't be had any more! for under $100.00 I'M not talking the sad excuse Brooks Brothers NO Iron cotton of today what a piece of junk, who wants a shirt covered with a plastic coating so it won't wrinkle this shirt is a little piece of hell, so hot its unbearable to wear and irritates the neck, It seems all the companies have jumped on this bandwagon,  really sad, I guess  Polo still has the oxford shirt 100% cotton , that stupid pony , minus the pocket parading across your chest ,  Am I the only one sick of that darn Pony?! yes the fabrics and style of the Ralph Lauren Items is most times spot on, but people need to remember he is a copy cat he did not invent traditional clothes he took the best of English and american style and created a image , put a Polo Pony on everything and for some reason people feel they are missing something in life if they are not wearing RL. I guess more power too you if you can pull off the greatest marketing job  the fashion industry has ever seen.
    Enough ranting!
  As for the Tartan Terrier , I have since a very young age been fascinated , with tartan, its history , colors and patterens when i used to hang around my dads clothing store as a kid I just loved the sportcoats, and wool trousers in there bold plaids, rich reds and greens, so smart with a navy blazer or shetland sweater. In the summer the Madras plaid, soft, light , comfortable, available in just about everything, caps, Bermuda shorts, belts, sportcoats, its my favorite, nothing says summer like Madras.
   I grew up with terrier dogs, I have 3 now, they are amazing, fun rugged , cute, smart , full of energy always up for adventure, these dog inspire life! they always have a little glimmer in there eyes, ready for anything!
   they are the most loving , loyal dogs I have ever been around.
   It is thru these amazing dog I have been inspired to create , my clothing line, fun clothes for people who live the sporting life, sailing, horses, tennis, etc, preppy traditional clothing built to last, unique items from days gone by, when clothing items were cherished in  ones wardrobe, favorites cared for and passed down.
 I hope to create clothes and accessories I remember from my youth, things that are hard to find, that are missed, and will make you smile and become favorites in you wardrobe.
 

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I am hooked - WHERE can I see your clothing line? Especially the shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am meeting with the Web designer again today I hope I can go live with the web store VERY SOON!
    The shoes are amazing hand made and with fabrics unique to me, I have several being made for people locally , The swatches will be up on the site ans I can send snippets of the fabrics to confirm before any order.

    ReplyDelete